Introduction to WordPress
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a blogging platform and content management system (CMS) that simplifies the creation and development of websites. With a little practice, you can have a fully functional site up and running in virtually no time. WordPress is a plug-and-play kind of system, handling all the heavy lifting for you in the background, so you don’t need programming knowledge to use it.
It powers over 30% of the websites in the world, from small personal blogs to the complex sites of major corporations. It’s one of the website creators and CMSs you can download and install for free.
Why would you choose WordPress?
There are several reasons WordPress is the best choice when it comes to choosing a blog or web design platform:
- Wide variety of themes – WordPress offers a wide selection of topics, allowing you to change the entire website layout in a few clicks. You’ll then have a new website look with the content unchanged.
- Ease of use with numerous plug-ins – There are at least 8,000 plug-ins available, which you can install to improve WordPress usability and functionality. Some plug-ins are designed to enhance SEO, modify page orders, improve blog comment functions, promote social media engagement, etc.
- Search engine friendly – WordPress is designed in a way that is optimized for search engines. Search engines love the simple process of creating and blogging new content. Also, you can optimize the entire website by simply installing a single SEO plug-in.
- Security – The nature and popularity of WordPress make it a target for hackers. Fortunately, WordPress offers regular automatic updates, which help to eliminate any security uncertainties. You should update your WordPress immediately when a new version is released.
What can you manage yourself?
You can choose to handle your WordPress website development yourself or outsource the work to an expert. But if you decide to outsource, you can still handle WordPress installation and setup yourself, as it is quite simple and straightforward.
What is best to outsource?
Here some aspects of WordPress development that you would be better off outsourcing:
- Complete PSD-to-WordPress conversion – A PSD file is an image file generated by Adobe Photoshop. Converting from PSD to WordPress can be complicated, and you’ll need to hire an experienced WordPress developer to do it for you.
- Maintaining WordPress security – New WordPress threats are coming up every day, with new plug-ins developed to counter them. Hence, it would be a good idea to have someone more knowledgeable to handle this on your websites.
- Doing manual code tweaks to customize functionalities – There are several things that you may want on your website but can’t be easily accomplished with plug-ins. You’ll need someone with programming knowledge to handle that for you.
If you want an awesome looking and robust website or blog, with straightforward installation and functionality, you can’t go wrong with WordPress. WordPress will give you all the features you need to create a great website. This platform makes it simple to create and manage content, and you can get started in no time. Its cool features and the ability to expand if you need more features makes it one of the most valuable and user-friendly tools for building a website and creating high-quality content.
EzyBiz Subscription Websites are built on wordpress, giving you the best balance of a professionally designed and built website, with a platform that you can easily use to manage your site when you need to. We also provide ongoing updates to keep the site safe, secure and functioning properly, handling the more technical elements for you.